Welcome to Rathad an Drobhair, Strathconon
Rathad an Drobhair (Drovers Way in the Gaelic, pronounced raa-had an droh-vir) offers family friendly accomodation for 10+:
- Large open plan living, dining and kitchen area with balcony and views to Loch Meig
- Master bedroom with super king size bed, ensuite bathroom and sauna
- Guest bedroom with super king size bed and ensuite shower
- 3 downstairs bedrooms each with a single bed and pull out guest single bed – all full size, with a shared shower room - the utility room shower room is also available for the morning rush.
- Large utility / drying room, ideal for walkers!
- Sustainable materials and finishes used to ensure healthy atmosphere inside as well as out.
Please check our calendar for exact dates.
The house gets it's name from the ancient drovers road that lies in front of the house. Drovers were herdsmen that "drove" cattle to the southerly markets.
The basic form of the house echoes the tradition of the ancient local cottages. A lot of the wood was grown locally and much of the labour is from skilled local tradesmen. The architect firm Neil Sutherland was chosen as they embodied everything we required from the build. The house has very high levels of insulation so is very comfortable with minimal heating. Hot water and heating are provided by large solar panels and a fully automatic wood pellet boiler. The main living area is open plan so we have been careful to incorporate acoustic insulation to all the rooms and particularly the doors so sleeping kids and privacy are not compromised.